Thursday, January 15, 2009

Chennai at Night

I'll admit, Chennai isn't the best of places to be. But to be honest, its not the worst either. It has its own charm and unique characteristics that you won't find anywhere else.
And the best time to be in Chennai is the period between late December and early January. The weather is cool and pleasant - just like Favang in Mizoram. And this is particularly true at night.
I brought my camera to work today. My plan initially was to take pictures of the sunset but I must have been working too hard :-) I never noticed the sun going down.
When I finally remembered, it was already too late. I rushed to the nearest window but sadly I could see no sun. All I saw were cars. And a couple of buildings that were decorated to celebrate Pongal.
Out of my stubbornness I still wanted to take some pictures even though it was already dark. I saw a plane above me that must have taken off only a few minutes before. I fumbled for my camera but when I looked up again it had already vanished into the night sky.
The 8th floor offered a great view of the city. Too bad I never thought about bringing my camera before.
I might have missed the sunset, but I'm still very content.

1 comment: